Here’s a little time capsule for the baby: the “how well do I know the man I decided to procreate with?” quiz! **Edited to add: Tom says I got all of them except 8 and 17. Go me!**
1.They are sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
“Arrested Development,” “The Simpsons,” something from the AFI Top 500 list, or most recently Lego Star Wars for Wii
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing do they get on their salad?
…Salad? Ranch or possibly just oil and vinegar.
3. What’s one food they don’t like?
Pickles. This has been a fun pregnancy for him.
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What do they order?
Belgian beer, or whatever seasonal microbrew is on draft.
5. Where did they go to high school?
Seminole High School, home of the Warhawks!
6. What size shoe do they wear?
10, I think.
7. If they were to collect anything, what would it be?
Dictator collectibles, like the Fidel Castro bobblehead doll; photos of obscure monuments.
8. What is their favorite type of sandwich?
Until a few weeks ago I would have said a Reuben, but I think that now it’s probably a good roast beef with a nice au jus to dip. [Ed. Note: I was strongly chastised for this one; apparently I had mentally blocked the numerous hunts for the perfect Cuban sandwich during all our trips to Florida.]
9. What would this person eat every day if they could?
10. What is their favorite cereal?
He buys the healthy virtuous Kashi cereal but I think Capn’ Crunch would be it.
11. What would they never wear?
Polo shirts, Crocs
12. What is their favorite sports team?
Phillies baseball, Eagles football, Nebraska Cornhuskers college football
13. Who did they vote for?
14. Who is their best friend?
15. What is something you do that they wish you wouldn’t do?
Cabinet doors are not a one-way device; they close as well as open.
16. What is their heritage?
German-Irish, with a smattering of other stuff
17. You bake them a cake for their birthday; what kind of cake?
Mmm, chocolate! Actually I wouldn’t bake him one, I’d make sure he somehow got to CakeLove in DC for his free birthday cupcake. [Ed. Note: Yellow cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. But I was right about the cupcake part.]
18. Did they play sports in high school?
I’m not sure when he quit baseball, but I think it was before high school. He was really into attending games and school spirit though, unlike his anti-pep misanthrope of a wife.
19. What could they spend hours doing?
Geneaology research, hiking, biking, fantasy baseball
20. What is one unique talent they have?
There are a few…He can make really tasty Italian food, put together amazing vacation itineraries, make me laugh when I have the grumples, and he can do that weird noise that Cameron makes in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.” Bloop!